Funding Scandinavian Students & Nordic Students

Funding Scandinavian Students & Nordic Students

Funding provided by Scandinavian and Nordic governments


Swedish students have the right to apply for student finance if they wish to complete part or the whole of their studies in another country. In order for student finance to be granted, the higher education institution overseas must be recognised by Centrala studiestödsnämnden or CSN (Swedish National Board of Student Aid).

The amount of the student loan may vary according to the study destination. However, the repayment terms are the same as for studying in Sweden. Additional finance is available for tuition fees, insurance and travel expenses.

For more information, please refer to this link:



Norwegian students can depend on financial support from The Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, administered by Lanekassen, which provides student loans and stipends for higher education.

Met Film School is on the list of UK Higher Education providers recognised by Lanekassen.

For more information, please refer to this link:


Financial aid for a course of study that is conducted outside Finland is avail­able for Finnish citizens. Financial aid is also available for citizens of other EU/EEA countries or Switzerland and their family members.

Students seeking financial aid must have had a municipality of residence in Finland for at least 2 years out of the 5 years preceding the commencement of their studies and their stay abroad must be temporary. In other words, students will not qualify if they have lived abroad for more than 3 years before starting their studies.

For more information, please refer to this link:


The Icelandic Student Loan Fund (Icelandic: Lánasjóður íslenskra námsmanna or LÍN) is a government-funded and government-run student loan fund for Icelandic citizens. It provides loans for living expenses of up to 7 years of university studies. Repayment of the loans is at below-market-rate interest, with a two-year grace period upon completion of studies.

Courses of study qualify for loans if an educational institution offers them as full-time studies; 60 ECTS units of study in each academic year or at least 30 ECTS units each semester in cases where the course structure does not cover a complete academic year.

For more information, please refer to this link:

What Next?