This page contains everything you need to know about applying for our BA, DipHE and CertHE courses.
Please read this information carefully and if you have any questions get in touch with our admissions team by phone on+ 49 (0) 30 76 73 331 70 or by email at email@example.com. View our Admissions Policy.
Please note: all undergraduate programmes are taught in English are validated by the University of West London in the UK and students will receive a UK Higher Education degree.
Standard Entry Requirements
- Age: All applicants need to be 18 years or older at the time the programme begins.
- 64 UCAS points or equivalent.
- MetFilm School will calculate the equivalency of international qualifications
- If you need more information visit the UCAS Tariff Table
- If you have not yet taken your qualifications, then you can still apply. Conditional offers will be made if this is the case.
- English Language:
- German language skills are not required, all courses are taught in English.
- If English is not your first language, or if your previous education was not conducted fully in English, you will need to provide documented evidence of your English language competence to study a course with us.
- International students need to meet our English language requirement at either IELTS at 6.5 or above, TOEFL paper based test score at 575 or above, TOEFL computer based test score at 232 or above, TOEFL internet base test score at 90 or above.
- If you have not yet taken your English language qualification, then you can still apply. Conditional offers will be made if this is the case.
Students not meeting academic requirements
Applicants who are 21 years old or over are considered mature students and therefore do not need to submit evidence of academic qualifications. The selection process for mature students is wholly reliant on the application submitted and the Admissions team will make a decision based on relevant skills, experience or passion within the creative arts.
All students applying to Met Film School Berlin for our BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking, CertHE Practical Filmmaking and DipHE Practical Filmmaking, regardless of age or location, must submit a Met Film School Application Pack, which should contain the following:
- Completed MetFilm School Berlin Application Form
- Personal Details
- Personal Statement
- A copy of your passport. Clearly showing the picture page and passport number
- Copies of your academic transcript. If required
- English Language test results certificate. If required
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
To apply for our BA, DipHE and CertHE courses, please download this MetFilm School Berlin Undergraduate Application Form.
To complete your application submit this form plus include the additional documents outlined as required in the application pack. Application packs can be submitted by:
Email (recommended): email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Post: send your application pack by secure mail or courier to:
MetFilm School Berlin
Berliner Union Film Studios
Please include a list of what is included and your name/contact details with your application.
Your application will be assessed by our admissions team. If your application is successful we will invite you to an interview. We aim to process all applications within 14 days.
Interviews will normally be conducted in person at the school. Interviews with international applicants can be conducted over the phone or via Skype. The interview consists of a formal meeting with either a member of the admissions team, or education team, or both. At this interview you will be expected to answer detailed questions surrounding your reasons for choosing to study with MetFilm School, alongside your understanding of the specialism you are applying for.
Once we have completed this process we will let candidates know within 10 working days whether they have been offered a place on the course.
If you are offered a place and wish to accept, it is your responsibility to ensure you have prepared to make a non-refundable deposit payment of 20% of the course fees to secure your place. Your offer of a place will only be guaranteed for 7 calendar days once an offer is made.
In selecting students, admissions staff aim to reach decisions which are fair and consistent in relation to the published entry criteria, the evidence the applicant presents of their academic and/or professional qualifications and which consider any specific skills or experiences which are essential or desirable for the course in question
- MetFilm School’s aim is to consider all applications fairly, equitably, professionally and in a timely fashion.
- Firstly we’re sorry if you expectations haven’t been met, and hope that we can resolve any issues that have occurred.
- If you are dissatisfied with the way your application has been handled or the behavior of any member of staff during the admissions process, then in the first instance you should seek informal resolution with the admissions manager you have been allocated.
- If this has not been successful or if you feel this is not possible to do, then you should request for a complaint form to be sent to you by emailing email@example.com
- You may then submit a complaint to the Head of Admissions by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- All complaints will be replied to within 14 days, and we will aim to achieve resolution within 30 days.
- If you are still not satisfied with the resolution to your complaint, then you can escalate your complaint to the Director of Marketing & Admissions by emailing email@example.com
- All escalated complaints will be replied to within 14 days, and we will aim to achieve resolution within 30 days.
- Applicants who may wish to appeal against an admissions decision should follow the below procedure:
- An applicant must seek formal feedback from the admissions team before deciding whether or not he/she has grounds to appeal the admissions decision.
- The applicant should then request an appeal form to fill in, detailing the nature of their appeal by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Appeals must be received within 20 working days following the provision of feedback from the admissions team member supervising the application.
- An appeal should be submitted in writing to the Head of Admissions, MetFilm School, Ealing Studios, Ealing Green, London W5 5EP, or by email to email@example.com, stating clearly the grounds for appeal
- The Head of Admissions will screen each submission in the first instance to determine if there are sufficient grounds for appeal. If it is judged that there may be grounds for appeal, they will escalate the appeal to the Director of Admissions and Marketing and the Director of the School.
- If an appeal is to be heard and additional information is required, the applicant will be informed in writing and provided with an appropriate deadline by which to submit the information.
- An Appeals Panel convened at MetFilm School will consider appeals as appropriate. The School Director and Director of Admissions and Marketing will make a decision based on the evidence submitted.
- The applicant will be informed in writing of the outcome of the appeal and given an explanation for the decision which has been reached.
- The decision of the Appeals Panel is final and there is no further right of appeal.