Four-Week Acting for Film – Level 2 is a full-time course taught over a four-week period. It is aimed at students with some previous acting experience or as a follow up to our Acting for Film Level 1 course. It is designed to give students an enhanced understanding of on-set practices and the technical requirements needed to generate a truthful film performance.
Overall the completed filmed exercises and workshops are meant to support students career with the development of a broader portfolio.
Students wishing to enroll on this course will be asked to submit a CV demonstrating their acting experience.
During this course you will:
- Enhance your specific Film Acting skills
- Get an introduction to core acting exercises drawn from the Meisner technique, Mask, Improvisation, Stanislavski
- Work with industry professionals
- Get an understanding for work and career opportunities in the screen industry
- Work with a voice coach on accent or dialect
- Get an Acting Agent’s feedback
- Learn how to best prepare for an audition
- Complete several filmed exercises and workshops
- Develop a portfolio
- Voice and movement
Sessions focusing on voice and movement are designed to develop your physical
presence and vocal expressiveness as a performer. You will take part in exercises that use mask, rhythm and space to raise your awareness of your body and improve your performance on camera.
- Advanced Core Acting Skills
The core acting skills are drawn from the Meisner technique, Mast, Improvisation,
Stanislavski and Clown. They are designed to encompass the key schools of acting and enhance your current performance skills.
- Audition Workshop and Preparation
These sessions will prepare you for the different forms an audition can take and give you a good understanding of how to rehearse and perform an audition piece. Through these sessions, you will gain an enhanced understanding of how to rehearse a scene for the camera.
- Dialect Workshop
By looking at the details of accent and dialogue you will expand your performance capabilities and increase your appeal for casting directors. These sessions focus on ways to learn or improve an accent or dialect.
Dates & Prices
- 12th August 2019 — 9th September 2019
Four-Week Acting for Film Level 2 is a full-time, four-week course.
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: All our short courses have open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard.
For more information on this please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note all our courses are taught in English.