- Four-week full-time course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm)
- For students who want to learn the key techniques, creative approaches and organisational skills involved in camera operation, lighting and sound recording
- Covers the fundamental rules of film grammar and narration on-set
- Suitable for beginners, no previous experience is required
Four-Week Cinematography is an all-encompassing course which covers the fundamental skills for aspiring Directors of Photography (DOP). You will become familiar with the role of the cinematographer and his/her team combined with practical training in lighting and operating. You will have the chance to gain experience as operator, director of photography, camera assistant, grip and gaffer.
- Learn how how to handle camera and sound equipment
- Participate in practical exercises on the effect of the moving camera for the visual storytelling
- Crew in various roles e
- Learn to edit on Adobe Premiere Pro
- Receive introduction to large format camera, building, loading, formatting and recording media
- Introduction to Cinematography
These sessions will give you an overview of the craft of cinematography and its development throughout cinematic history. You will come to understand technical requirements such as different lenses, depth of field, exposure and focus, but also how to utilise this knowledge in a creative and narrative sense.
- Visual Storytelling
You will examine how to develop an on-screen narrative through camera movement and shot composition. You will also examine the use of eyelines and what happens when eyelines in two shots do not match.
- Lighting and Tracking
You will examine how the use of both natural and artificial light has progressed through cinematic history and how camera placement and movement have changed. Through practical exercises, you will look at the different lighting techniques and explore how a moving camera can change the way the story is told on screen.
Dates & Prices
- 30 August 2021 — 24 September 2021
Four-Week Cinematography is an intensive full-time, four-week course (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm).
Minimum Age: 18 at start of course
Entry Requirements: Our Four-Week Cinematography course is open enrolment and there are no entry requirements.
However, in order to get the most out of the course, you should be able to both speak and write in English to a reasonable standard. For more information on this please contact email@example.com
Please note all our courses are taught in English.
Duration: Four Weeks Full-Time.
YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR PRIORITY
From the very first day at Met Film School, we teach our students to network and pitch to the industry. Our team helps our talented and bright graduates to secure creative jobs in leading companies across the globe.
Our graduates work in the industry as VFX Artists, Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, On-Air Producers, Campaign Managers and as other screen professionals. These are just some of the companies they’ve gone on to work for:
- Leading the industry. We’re the first film, television and online media school in Berlin based in a working film studio.
- Recognised quality. Our outstanding academic credentials are recognised by leading higher education bodies such as CILECT, Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education and Creative SkillSet.
- Award-winning tutors. All our tutors are international screen professionals with numerous industry awards and nominations
- Connected. We connect students to opportunities within the screen industries, capitalising not only on our excellent international reputation and exciting partnerships but also on our location in Berlin – home of the Berlinale Film Festival, a buzzing art and start-up scene and several hundred film productions per year
- Successful. 82% of our BA graduates find work within the creative industries. Our students have gone onto jobs as diverse as 4D Designers, VFX Artists, Directors, Assistant Directors, TV Assistant Producers, Script Editors, Campaign Managers and many more besides.