This full time four week course is aimed at individuals wishing to expand and refine their knowledge of sound in the audio visual industry.
Media professionals, documentary, fiction and advertising creatives, editors, sound trainees and YouTubers are just an example of those who could greatly benefit from joining the course, to widen their understanding of industry standards and workflows for audio.
During this course you will:
- Learn about the role of the Location Sound Recordist
- Get hands on experience of recording live scenes in various locations to better understand the challenges encountered in this area of sound
- Perform as a Foley Artist, recording, track laying and mixing audio for diverse ‘mute’ scenes for film
- Cut and track lay both sound and music to picture
- Learn to create, cut and mix sound fx for both real and ‘unreal’ scenarios
- Running an ADR session + meeting the challenge of mixing scenes containing dialogue, ambience, Foley fx and music)
Metfilm School Berlin Overview
Introduction to Sound Design
These sessions will give you an overview of the craft of sound design and its development throughout cinematic history.
You will come to understand technical requirements and will gain competence in set up and handling of film sound equipment. You will learn how to record high quality location sound, Foley and ambiences. You will be introduced to sound editing and mixing with Premiere Pro, Audition.
You will examine how to develop a powerful on screen mood through creative use of sound tools such as multi layered soundscapes, music, the effective use of silence and the understanding of how other filmic disciplines (camera, editing, performance and script) combine as a whole to convey a story.