Our mission is to produce a new generation of screen creatives – storytellers and technicians who are professional enough to impress a competitive industry and free enough to feed its creative heartbeat.
As technology and new media advance, one thing remains constant: the need for a good story to be told well. At Met Film School Berlin you will be in the perfect environment to grow and develop as a filmmaker and storyteller. Our tutors, drawn from around the world, are all industry professionals whose passion and experience will guide you through every step of the filmmaking process. We place in your hands the time, resources and support to discover what you want to say in the language of film.
Whichever course you choose, whether it’s long or short, general or specialist, a first degree, or to explore the excitement of making films, we look forward to welcoming you to the school and helping you navigate your path through the wonderful and complex world of film. Have a look at our professional, education and industry recognition below:
Review by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education
Met Film School underwent a Review for Educational Oversight by the Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) in September 2014, which has identified the following good practice:
- the close attention to current industry development and commercial engagement to enhance provision
- the rigorous approach to admissions and the innovative induction process
- the focus on placing students in employment through an internal agency.
- The BA (Hons) Practical Filmmaking course has been awarded a Creative Skillset Tick. This award is a mark of quality indicating programmes best suited to prepare students for a career in the creative industries.
- To gain the Creative Skillset Tick, programmes need to undergo a rigorous assessment process conducted by experts in the creative industries. They only give the Tick to programmes with the strongest links with industry. This ensures that the courses keep up the rapid pace of creative change, and students’ benefit from using the latest technologies an working with industry throughout their studies.
PROFESSIONAL & GOVERNMENTAL RECOGNITION
CILECT: Met Film School is one of a select number of schools in Germany to boast full membership to The International Association of Film and Television Schools (Centre International de Liaison des Ecoles de Cinéma et de Télévision – CILECT).
CILECT is deeply committed to maintaining the highest possible educational standards of audio visual teaching and learning in its member schools and is dedicated to stimulation of creativity, diversity and individuality.
DEGREE AWARDING POWERS AND EDUCATIONAL LINKS
Degree Validation: The University of West London is the validating partner for the school’s undergraduate and postgraduate courses at Met Film School Berlin. The University of West London was voted Best Modern University in London (2013 Guardian University League Table).
Advisory partner: The National Film and Television School (NFTS) is the school’s advisory partner on its undergraduate and non-accredited courses. It provides advice across the range of filmmaking disciplines offered by the school.
AVID: Met Film School is an Avid Learning Partner. A number of the School’s editing courses are Avid certified. In order t become an Avid Learning Partner (ALP), Avid requires a strong quality focus as well as a state-of -the-art training environment.
Adobe ®: Met Film School is an authorised Adobe Educational Partner consulting on educational delivery software train gin and professional certification. In addition, our partnerships allows the school access to the very latest software updates from the company.